Senior Compliance Manager.
This position has now been filled
If you’re still interested in working with us, please get in touch, or drop in for a coffee, we’d be happy to talk with you about up comping positions.
We are hiring
Department: Accounting Services
Location: Howley Park, Morley, Leeds
Reporting To: Group Directors
Responsible For: Client Managers, Financial Controllers, Compliance Team
Hours of Work: Mon – Fri – 9am – 5pm
- Role Overview
- The role of the Senior Compliance Manager is designed to ensure that all compliance activity is delivered on schedule and meets the high quality and format standards set by the business. As the most senior member of the Accounting Team, you will hold all producers of Accounting Information accountable for their quality and delivery.
Given the knowledge and experience this position requires, the Senior Compliance Manager will be expected to offer guidance and act as the decision-maker, where reasonable, in the absence of the Company Directors The Following is a more detailed description of responsibilities within the role.
- Compliance Delivery
- The Senior Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Compliance Team deliver their scheduled work on time and that it meets the standards expected. To ensure this delivery is met, the key elements of the role are;
- Managing Schedules using the Production Management Software
- Prioritisation of work
- Providing technical knowledge
- Reviewing completed work
- Coordinating client sign off
- Managing Self Assessment delivery schedule
- Internal Audits
- The Senior Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that quality and process is maintained throughout the business by conducting detailed audits of selected works. The key areas of the business that would be subject to these audits are as follows;
- Year-End Accounts
- Tax Planning
- Internal Numbers Reports
- Month End Management Information
- Financial Director Services e.g. MI, Budgeting, Forecasting etc.
As part of the audit responsibilities of the Senior Compliance Manager, there are a number of supporting activities that are required to maintain effectiveness and accountability. These are detailed as follows;
- Designing new audits and schedules as and when necessary to meet changes within the business
- Ensuring sub audits are conducted by the department managers
- Performing root cause analysis on serious non-conformities
- Recording results
- A key part of the role of the Senior Compliance Manager is to report into the Company Directors and detail group-wide compliance performance. The Senior Compliance Manager is responsible for providing, updating, and reporting on the information relating to Compliance Performance. The KPI deck would specifically look at the individual and teams performance in terms of delivery and quality.
- After the Group Directors, the Senior Compliance Manager is the most senior role within the business and as such, will be expected to provide leadership and decision making in the absence of company directors. Your remit will be to hold all teams to account for their conduct and performance at all times should you see fit. Client experience will remain paramount at all times within your role.
- Strategic Planning
- Given the experience required and the unique access to all areas of the business, the Senior Compliance Manager would be expected to play a significant role in the strategic planning of any areas of the business reporting into them. Insights and opinion from any member of the senior team would always be encouraged.
- With the wealth of experience this role requires, the Senior Compliance Manager will help identify training needs within the team and support them by either training them personally or coordinating their training requirements with other members of the team or enlisting 3rd party parties.
As apart of your role, it would be expected that you keep abreast of all the latest legislative and industry practices. Where applicable, you would be expected to cascade this knowledge down to the relevant parts of the business.
- All members of the team are actively encouraged to participate in the marketing activities of the business. Examples of where the Senior Compliance Manager would be able to support the Marketing effort are as follows;
- Providing client feedback
- Providing high level technical content
- Creating content for the marketing team by providing FAQ
- Ensuring you deliver exceptional client service at every opportunity
- Involvement with improvement projects
- Personal and Professional Development
- Any member of the Northern Accountants team is actively encouraged to pursue personal and professional development. This may be through professional training, any number of accredited courses provided by our third-party partners, or reading a book from the NA Library. It may be something entirely different that you have decided to pursue for the purpose of betterment.
You will be given full support and guidance to help you achieve your development goals which are managed predominantly as part of your monthly review.
As part of the role, you would also be responsible for ensuring that any member of the team reporting directly into you, maintains the expected course of development.
- Key Skills
- Chartered Accounting Qualification
- Experience of working in Accounting Practice in a similar role
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communicator
- IT literate with significant knowledge of Accounting Software
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage teams
- How We Work Together
- All members of our team are expected to operate within our core values which underpin who we are and what our expectations of how the business operates, how Individuals perform, and how we work with our Clients
Trust – By doing the right thing
Support – By thinking beyond your own needs
Innovate – By seeing opportunity and creating something new and amazing
Tell us your talents
If you’d like to work with us, say hello!